Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bridal Squeal

I've discovered that I make a sound, sometimes audibly, sometimes just in my head, whenever something exciting and wedding-related happens. It goes a little something like this:

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

I call it the "Bridal Squeal." I just can't help myself! Last week I received 2 potential reception dresses in the mail (soon to be blogged about.) When my apartment manager called to tell me they were at her office, I was at work so my Squeal had to be concealed. But in my head, I was doing back flips!

A few weeks ago we went to get my ring fixed (a stone fell out, ugh) and I tried on the matching band. It was so perfect I just had to squeal!

I'm sure it's annoying to anyone within earshot, but I'll be damned if I stop it. Brides get the right to annoyingly proclaim excitement, right?

How do you show wedding-related excitement? Do you have a more subtle approach than me?

1 comment:

  1. I think the bridal squeal thing is hilarious - I do something that I'm not certain is entirely different from yours, based on your description. It often is coupled with throwing my head back and my fists in the air, followed by throwing my arms around my fiance's neck (if he's within reach).

    Thanks for the heads-up about Catan's - that's actually where I foudn the dress, but it is much to my dismay that you inform me of their alteration policy. As wonderful as the sales people are, I'm not sure how comfortable I am paying as much for alterations as I am for my dress. Perhaps I will have to purchase it there and alter it elsewhere. What designer created your dress? I'm always keeping my eye open for inexpensive designers.

    ReplyDelete